St Conal’s, Main Street, Kirkconnel, DG4 6LY.
St Conal's became part of the parish of St Teresa's, Dumfries in 1985 when it began to be served as a Mass centre for the catholic population of the Upper Nithsdale valley.
The church was opened in 1921 from the great efforts of the people and priest of St John's, Cumnock.
On Saturday 31st August 2013 the closing Mass of Thanksgiving took place in St Conal's at 2pm.
This is due to the 'Embracing Change' rationalisation process of the Diocese of Galloway.
St Conal's was deconsecrated by virtue of a Decree issued by Bishop William Nolan of Galloway on 23rd October 2018, taking effect on 5th November 2018.
The church was sold to a local family to redevelop into their new family home on 16th November 2018.
The Upper Nithsdale valley area continues to be served for all pastoral matters from St Teresa's, Dumfries. Please contact Father there for all pastoral matters: certificates of any kind, sick-calls, Baptisms, Weddings and of course in the sad event of a death.